Friday, September 7, 2018

Mother’s Hands

Mother’s Hands

By Marian Jones
Hands that rocked the cradle
From the moment of my birth,
Their tender touch remembered
By those still here on Earth.
Soft as silk those hands
That taught me how to pray,
Banishing childhood fears;
They soothed each one away.
When I grew much older
And troubles came my way,
Those hands caressing mine
Did more than words could say.
Mother’s hands were gentle,
They’re missed so very much,
I’d give the world to feel once more
Their warm and tender touch.
Those hands were full of comfort
Now they lie at rest,
But memories hold them close
To the ones they served the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Green Snake

Last night I dreamed I was at the house I grew up in... and was walking home from somewhere (i don't remember where). As I approached...